Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Quadrasteer / Dana 60 Axle Differences and Similarities
- Quadrasteer / Dana 60 Rebuild How-To (ring, pinion, carrier replacement)
- Do the Circle of Safety Walk
- W123 / 300D EGR, ARV, and ALDA systems
- 2012 GOP Texas Parliamentary Motions Chart
- Collin County Republican Party Precinct 9
- Swivel Studs for Ruger 10/22 With Composite Stock
After poking around for too long, I finally found the solution to connecting to a standard Windows server PPTP VPN from LinuxMint 17. (from geeky.name) I’m posting here to make it easy to find again.
- Click the NetworkManager Applet
- VPN Connection -> Configure VPN -> -> Add
- Choose -> Create
- Fill out those gateway, username, password and click Advanced
- In Authentication section, CANCEL <PAP>, <CHAP>, and <EAP>, KEEP ONLY <MSCHAP> and <MSCHAPv2> SELECTED.
- In Security and Compression section, SELECT <Use Point-to-Point encryption (MPPE)>, and choose Security to be <All Available (Default)>
OK -> Accept -> Close
- Now click the NetworkManager Applet
- Click VPN Connection and click the profile you just created.
- Wait for few seconds till it get connected.
At Turck‘s intrinsic safety seminar hosed by Automated Dynamics, I saw a very good demonstration of how safety barrier devices work: They limit energy to a level that a spark produced will be too weak to ignite the gas surrounding the device it is protecting*. I sat on the front row and took a little video of this in action.
* provided the device doesn’t store energy through capacitance or inductance
I’ve heard that PLC and I/O panels need to be designed to exclude 120V wires or circuits because of arc flash requirements. On Table 130.7(C)(15)(A)(a) of the 2015 NFPA 70E, it states as long as no exposed energized equipment over 120V exists, no Arc Flash PPE is required to work on control circuits 120V and below.
Judge Napolitano talks about the relationship between libertarianism and Catholicism starting around the 6 minute mark:
the essence of libertarianism is the primacy of the individual over the state …and as far as it is conceivable, absolute freedom of the individual to make his or her own choices. That’s actually also the teachings of Jesus Christ: I’ve come to set you free. … The doctrine on religious freedom, the doctrine on free will is such that free will is the greatest gift God gave is. It is so perfect a gift that we are free to abuse it, and history and the modern era is filled with examples of its abuse.. So I see no inconsistency between the observation that the individual is greater than the state, and the Church’s teaching on free will at all. But I’m also not unaware of the Church’s social policy and the social policy of the church is that I am my brother’s keeper and that I should help my brother out. I accept that and I embrace it as long as I am free to accept and embrace it as long as I am not forced to do it through the mechanism of government.
CUMC had their one year anniversary this last weekend, and had a petting zoo as part of the celebration.
After months of delays due to rain, and then delays caused by the delays, I finally have the foundation for the new shop poured.
These are the templates I made for the anchor bolts
70+ cubic yards of select fill moved in to make a pad Continue reading
Our little one is getting old!