I just read some information from the Allen Citizens on Patrol regarding home burglaries:
- 26 of the 58 homes were entered by way of the backyard
This method of entry accounts for 44% of the burglaries
- But the biggest surprise I discovered during this research…. None of the 58 burglaries came by way of burglar alarms.
Can we possibly argue that homes with burglar alarms reduce one’s chances of being burglarized?
Temple University completed a survey which found that
homes with burglar alarms, and in conjunction with;
• Signs / stickers around the perimeter of the home
• Increased or improved lighting
• Reinforcing doors and windows
Reduced burglaries by 66%