The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over expecting different results. Interventionist foreign policy is clearly dangerous, expensive (in terms of both lives cost and money spent), and harmful to the American public. Some traditional Republicans are not comfortable with non-interventionism. I think this is because of the massive amounts of propaganda and fear being using, and also because we haven’t educated ourselves or use complete thought. The video below explains some important recent history of the middle east, and some cause and affect of our military actions overseas.
- 1953: Iraq pissed at Britain, Britain asked USA for help, USA overthrew Iraq’s government – caused unrest and hostility in Iraq ever since
- USA propped up and supported Saddam Hussein with weapons, intelligence, assistance.
- USA helped the Mujahideen (Al Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden) with weapons and money.
- BLOWBACK: the unintended consequences of foreign operations that were deliberately kept secret from the American public.
- Our IMMENSE military budget causes MASSIVE debt
- Interventionism makes us poorer and less safe
- Non-Interventionism makes us safer and wealthier
- USA spends over 10 times more than anyone else on military
- The Ron Paul campaign received more donations from the military than all other candidates put together.