I’m disappointed that I still don’t have a functioning fuel tank after 20 hours of work. I’ve learned a lot so far: Get your form perfect before you start laying glass, create radiused edges inside your form, use a bunch of small pieces of fabric, use two cups because the one holding your resin sometimes gives way and then you leak toxic goo all over yourself, and you need more sanding disks and paint brushes than you have on hand. I couldn’t get my hand into the last corner of the tank, so I had to take it out of the form and start working on the outside surface. The foil I sprayed with PAM came off easily, the other, I had to take off with a wire wheel on my drill.
While I was waiting for the resin to dry completely, I decided to do something I’m a little more competent at, wiring. I never did run a wire from the console area to the trunk for a fuel level signal. I did that. Ripped out the back seats, carpet, drilled a hole, inserted grommet, lifted up the console and done.
To remind myself that I accomplished something today, I took a video: