The logic is overwhelming:
1. One of the most needed things in any garden is fertilizer.
2. Worm castings are about the best fertilizer you can get.
3. My regular compost bin does not process kitchen waste fast enough.
4. One pound of worms can process up to one pound of kitchen waste per day.
5. My aquaponic fish (future) will need something to eat, fish love worms right?
6. Worms are easy to care for, and valuable in many ways.
I’m taking home a garbage bag full of shreaded paper from the office today. Tomorrow, I’m going to find or build a bin and start my very own worm farm, or “vermiculture”. Several of my problems will be solved by this simple solution. I’m sure Bryson will love it too. More info at the links below.