Some things went right today. First off, I installed a PAC “Aux Box” to add an auxiliary input to the factory radio in Amber’s Tahoe so she can plug her new MP3 player in directly.
Then, I moved on to Betty. I changed out the brake pads. This car was the easiest one I’ve ever done. The pads slide out without taking off the caliper. The bad news is that one of the piston boots was torn, so I’m ordering a new set of front calipers and I’ll redo them next weekend. I also needed a new set of brake wear sensors, which only cost $1 each of you order them in. ($6 at O’reilly’s)
Then I moved on to come up with a way to hold the ashtray turned gauge and switch plate to the console. The best I could come up with was to weld up a little bracket and attach a nut to it. This took me forever, and they look awful, but I think they will work out OK.