Entry for March 25, 2007 – RAID woes

The problem with complicated hard drive arrays sets and such is that they are, well, complicated.
One of the drives in my file server failed, and I was on task to get the drive replaced. I ran into a problem while doing this, another drive was intermittently failing, and it was part of the degraded array. This caused the array to go out of sync and I thought I had lost everything. I went into panic mode. This was almost 200GBs of music files that I have been collecting for years.
I was able to keep it running with a fan blowing directly on it (that’s what the picture is of), and force the array to re-sync based on one of the drive’s sync info, and am now in the process of moving all the data off of that array set.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.