Entry for July 12, 2006 – Reworking the Front Flowerbeds

24fa

The project started simple. Remove the old mulch and weeds, and replace with new mulch. After we got underway cleaning, we both realized that we just didn’t like the shape of the flower beds in the front. They wern’t shaped “right”; the south bed didn’t have enough room for flowers, the north bed didn’t have enough room for a crape myrtle. We also prefer the border to follow the plane of the house’s foundation, instead of sloping with the yard. So we dug out the shape we liked, ran a line for level reference, and are now underway with the remake. We are going to use 4mil black plastic insted of the weed fabric, because the fabric didn’t prevent many weeds from coming up. We capped off the sprinkler heads and installed drip irrigation for each plant. A few more days of work and we should be done.

This entry was posted in Gardening, Projects and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Entry for July 12, 2006 – Reworking the Front Flowerbeds

  1. Pingback: A Day of Hard Labor « Brian Gallimore’s Website

Comments are closed.